180 families within our parish were assisted with Christmas hampers
- Calls to the Church for Christmas help increased by 15% in this recession year.
- In total, we assisted 296 adults and 516 children from your donations.
As in the past, we still had a surplus due to the generosity of the Catholic schools; as a result we shared gifts with two agencies that also help needy families:
- The Missionaries of Charity were “twinned” and we delivered some surplus gifts;
- The Knights Table were given the balance of our surplus gifts. (The Knights of Columbus operate a soup-kitchen, serving about 500 individuals and families).
Blessings and thanks to all who supported this very worthy cause:
- Fr. Marc-André for his strong support.
- St. Marcellinus High School for preparing 30 hampers and providing help at the hall.
- St. Joseph’s High School for donating 66 hampers and providing student help at the hall.
- The 8 elementary schools for donating 13 hampers, food, gifts and food gift cards.
- 4 corporate sponsors – for donating 3 hampers and 10 turkeys.
- 37 sponsors (parishioners) whose gift this Christmas was a hamper/gift cards to a neighbor in need.
- The Knights of Columbus for their financial support and delivering 100 hampers.
- Our TEAM of 18 St. Vincent de Paul volunteers who worked many, many hours.
- A special thank you to St. Hilary and St. Jude Schools - for donating over 2000 lbs. of food.
We did some work for Christ this Christmas by assisting our neighbors in need. We can be proud of our purpose and faith. On behalf of the St. Vincent de Paul Team, we thank everyone for their contribution.