- SVDP made 312 In-Home visits, delivered 532 bags of non-perishable food, plus $19,799 in vouchers to purchase fresh food. This direct assistance helped 536 adults and 669 children.
- We assisted with emergency situations on 44 occasions at a cost of $12,974.
- Contribution from 10 Catholic Schools, 3 Corporate and 42 Individual Donors enabled a more joyful Christmas for 156 Families, with approx. 750 bags of food, multiple gifts, Gift Certificates and Food Gift Cards. This provided direct assistance to 265 adults + 313 children.
- Made 83 Calls for pickup/delivery of furniture and clothes.
- Arranged for 17 girls to attend Marygrove Summer Camp, 3 boys attended Four Winds Camp.
- Bundle Sunday collections sent 2 large truckloads of clothing to SVDP Warehouse.
- School “food drives” delivered 260 large boxes, over 7800 lbs of non-perishable food.
- Any surplus donated by Parishioners was delivered to Needy Families through other SVDP Church Conferences in Peel, Missionaries of Charity in Toronto, and The Knights Table.
- For information, SVDP total Administration expense was $280, or 0.7% of total expenses. Our special thanks to the Parishioners who contributed to the “Poor Box” each Sunday and for a generous response to “Special Collections” for St. Vincent de Paul.
Thank you to the Catholic Schools’ staff and the students who give generously and help assemble Christmas Hampers, to the 42 Individual Sponsors, the CWL, and to the Knights of Columbus who contribute funds & help with delivery of the Hampers. Christmas can be a difficult time for many families and our Hamper program enables a family Christmas celebration --- an important occasion, only made possible with your strong support.
I would also like to express our gratitude to Fr. Marc-André and Fr. Ed for all their support and continuous help.
On behalf of the Needy Families and our little SVDP Team of 12 people --- THANK YOU!