Our Purpose: To assist needy families with food, clothing, and emergency situations.
• SVDP assisted 194 households, making 380 in-home visits, delivering 679 bags of non-perishable food, plus $21,526 in vouchers to purchase fresh food. This direct assistance helped 672 adults and 638 children
• We assisted with shelter emergencies on 24 occasions at a cost of $6,827.
• Contribution from 10 Catholic schools and 40 parishioner sponsors enabled a more joyful Christmas for 154 families, with approximately 750 bags of food, multiple gifts, gift certificates and food gift cards. This provided direct assistance to 246 adults and 416 children.
• Made 61 calls for pickup/delivery of furniture and clothes.
• Arranged for 15 girls to attend Marygrove Summer Camp, 9 boys attended Camp Ozanam.
• Bundle Sunday collections sent 2 large truckloads of clothing to the SVDP warehouse.
• School “food drives” delivered 252 large boxes, over 8400 lbs of non-perishable food.
• Any surplus donated by parishioners was delivered to needy families through other SVDP Church conferences in Peel, Missionaries of Charity in Toronto, and The Knights Table.
• For information, SVDP total administration expense was $924, or 3% of total expenses.
Our special thanks to the parishioners who contributed to the “Poor Box” each Sunday and for a generous response to “Special Collections” for SVDP.
Thank you to all the ushers who hold “The Poor Box” after each Mass.
Thank you to the Catholic Schools’ staff and the students who give generously and help assemble Christmas Hampers, to the 40 Parishioner Sponsors, the CWL, and to the Knights of Columbus who contribute funds & help with delivery of the hampers.
I would also like to express our gratitude to Fr. Marc- André, Fr. Mounir and the office staff for all their support and continuous help.
On behalf of the needy families and our little SVDP team of 16 people --- THANK YOU!